By Deb Patterson
SYRACUSE — DP&P Investments, a local group, has purchased the South Shore Country Club LLC, SR 13, Syracuse. The course will remain in operation until Sept. 30, at which time it will be closed. The property will no longer remain a golf course.
An auction of all golf equipment will be sold Saturday, Oct. 17, by Polk Auction.
The property was listed for sale at $1.6 million by Brian Wuthrich with Hahn Realty and Auction.
South Shore Golf Club was opened in 1929 by Carl Tuttle. Then it was a 3,000-square-foot clubhouse. In 1946 a barroom was added. Blanche Mason, grandmother of Tom Tuttle Sr., operated the club from 1946-1951. From about 1951 to 1960 Guy Rarig ran things followed by Jim Connolly until Tom Tuttle Sr. took over operations in 1969. He made four additions to the clubouse.
A fire destroyed the golf club in October 1991. The building was rebuilt and opened in May 1992.
Tuttle owned South Shore until February 1997 when he sold it to V. Richard Miller. Miller operated the golf course until 2001 when he sold the course to Darrell and Kelly Krugman. Following Darrell Krugman’s death in 2005, Kelly took over ownership with her father, Jim Brooks, overseeing the operations.