Because I enjoy the many social, spiritual, and environmental blessings of Lake Wawasee, I will honor my responsibility to protect and preserve those blessings.
May I always remember to:
- Respect the rights of all who legitimately use this lake.
- Know and observe boating laws and basic boating courtesies:
- Keep at least 200 feet from shore unless launching or landing.
- Observe “No Wake” zones.
- Yield to boats approaching from my right.
- Yield to boats under sail.
- Equip my boat with proper safety items, including lights and flotation devices.
- Maintain safe and courteous distances from other boats and swimmers.
- Permit no underage operation of my boat.
- Never operate a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Assume 100% responsibility for my attitude and behavior.
- Dispose of all trash and human waste at proper on-shore facilities.
- Help protect environmentally fragile (shallows and wetlands) areas.
- When conflict arises, speak to my neighbor, rather than about my neighbor.
- Show a child some special place of beauty on lake Wawasee.
- Return there often.